- 4.7 Star (44)
- 12 Months
- 132 Enrolled
- Mobile Application
Students studying in Class 8 must refer to the CBSE Class 8 Science Syllabus while preparing for their examinations. The syllabus is curated by the subject matter experts after doing thorough research. Knowing the syllabus beforehand will help the students to cover all the topics properly.
Also, the national-level competitive exams are based on the latest CBSE Syllabus guidelines. Therefore, students need to follow the syllabus rigorously to achieve their goals. Students are required to perform well in their CBSE Class 8 as the syllabus of Class 9 and Class 10 Science is very closely related to CBSE Class 8 Science Syllabus.
Thus, students must understand all the concepts properly to avoid difficulties later. Also, students planning to appear for competitive exams in the future like NTSE and Olympiads need to have a strong foundation. This means every single concept in the latest NCERT syllabus for Class 8 Science needs to be finished. Here in this article, we have provided the Syllabus for Class 8 Science in PDF format.
Table of Contants
- Chapter 1: Crop Production and Management
- Chapter 2: Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
- Chapter 3: Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
- Chapter 4: Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
- Chapter 5: Coal and Petroleum
- Chapter 6: Combustion and Flame
- Chapter 7: Conservation of Plants and Animals
- Chapter 8: Cell – Structure and Functions
- Chapter 9: Reproduction in Animals
- Chapter 10: Reaching The Age of Adolescence
- Chapter 11: Force And Pressure
- Chapter 12: Friction
- Chapter 13: Sound
- Chapter 14: Chemical Effects Of Electric Current
- Chapter 15: Some Natural Phenomena
- Chapter 16: Light
- Chapter 17: Stars And The Solar System
- Chapter 18: Pollution of Air and Water
FAQs on Syllabus of Class 8 Science
There are a total of 18 chapters in the CBSE Class 8 Science syllabus. The syllabus will help the students in knowing the topics that they have to study.
The CBSE Class 8 syllabus is devised to prepare a strong base so that students do not face any issues in the higher classes. Even national-level competitive exams are based on the NCERT textbooks. Moreover, if you are planning to appear for competitive exams in the future, like NTSE and Olympiads, you have to be prepared to face higher-level questions that need a clear understanding of the basics and a very strong foundation that is offered in the CBSE Class 8 syllabus.
CBSE syllabus for Class 8 science includes the syllabus of all three sections – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Yes, CBSE books are more than enough to prepare for CBSE class 8 exams. However, students can refer to the NCERT Solutions provided by Embibe to have a better understanding of the concept.
What you'll learn
- Some of the most important chapters are taught in 8th standard Science including Crop Production and Management, Coal and Petroleum, Reproduction in Animals, Force and Pressure, Friction, Sound, Light etc.
This Course Include:
- Student Enrolled:132
- Topic:CBSE CLASS 8 Maths
- Class:32 Lectures
- Skill Level:Beginner